Saturday, January 14, 2012

Comment on my last post:


JamesJan 10, 2012 06:43 AM
I'm very happy you are a writer

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you know how you married the right person.

My poor husband puts up with being married to a very frequently unstable, complicated, complex, troublesome person who would rather disappear into a fantasy world of her own creation. His wife dives into work and distraction with equal vigor, because she can justify both as inspiration or production. He deals with irregular sleep patterns, emotional outbursts, and unpredictable story telling as an idea works its way out of subconsciousness. His wife frequently disappears into her own head for days at a time, and yet still constantly needs reassurance that she is being supported (as it's sometimes the only connection she has to this world).

And yet he professes that he is glad his wife is a writer.

I have either married a saint or a masochist.

Either way, I love my husband, and I am so sorry for all I put him through. Zeus knows that I am a problem who is equally likely to spontaneously want to move to Montana and live on a kibbutz (as was brought up tonight) as to situate herself in a one room studio in London with no internet access just so she can write with no distractions. How that man talks me down from my crazier ideas and convinces me to channel them through my writing, I will never know. He has more patience than anyone I've met (as my father constantly reminds him). And I'm sorry, I put him through so much.

Mind you, it's not going to change any time soon... I'm going to be a challenge no matter what. But I love him. And I am so lucky that he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment