Friday, April 19, 2013

On Turning 30

Well, hell. I went and got old.

I'm not entirely sure how this happened. I tried to stop it. I tried eating right, exercising. I meditated on being young. I thought young thoughts. I watched the Twilight movies.

None of it helped. And now I'll never get those hours back.

Here it is. 30.

I'm older. But am I wiser? Better? Happier?

Yeah, I think I am.

Now more than ever, I have a better idea of who I am and what I want out of life. I'm blissfully happy in my marriage. I have the most amazing family I can imagine. I have friends I don't want to ever be without. I am working on a novel I think I can truly be proud of, and every day I make more progress on it.

And I have nothing but hope for the future.

I'm ready to start the next chapter in my family life, building a life for me, my husband, and our (hopefully) future children. I'm ready to take the next step in my writing by diving into much more ambitious freelancing opportunities while concentrating on my own writing projects including a set of e-books, magazine articles, and, of course, my novels. I'm finding new ways to improve my health by eating better, working out, and generally taking care of myself. And I am doing best to enjoy every minute of every day.

So, yeah. I might be older, but I don't know if that's a bad thing. In fact, it might be one of the best things.

Here's to another year. Here's to more learning, more growing, more loving, more laughing, and more living.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment