Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Projects

I am a very bad blogger. Sorry that it's been over a week since my last update. Life tends to get away from me very quickly these days. I swear, my calendar for June has been full for weeks, and now July is beginning to fill up. And yet, I still feel like I'm neglecting dozens of friends. I haven't seen some of my friends who live in town in over a month, and that's just shameful. Maybe I'll invite a few of them over for a pool day ... nope, this weekend is full. Maybe Sunday of next? Possibly. Who knows? Too busy.

In other news, I feel I should defend myself. I HAVE been writing. Obviously I haven't been doing it here, but I have been writing. I've actually been catching up on some of my fiction.

I know, I can hear the gasps from here! "Has she overcome her writers block?" I hear you ask, your voice catching in your throat. To you I say, "Sort of."

No, I haven't been working on the novel I'm supposed to be working on. I am still stuck in the beginning of Chapter 7. I don't know what it is about that chapter, but I have no idea where I'm going right now, and my characters do not seem to want to give me a clue. What I really want is a road map that will just point me toward my destination with that novel, but I'm stuck asking directions from people that think "Take a left where the Old Market used to be" is an adequate direction.

No, I've been working on plotting a few new ideas. This is almost miraculous. It's been well over a year since I've had any new ideas I'm actually excited about enough to plot out. What's even better is as I get to the drafting stages of any of these projects, I can then work on the longer project as a form of procrastination. (Sometimes it takes mind games against myself to get any work done.)

So yay me!



No comments:

Post a Comment